TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
THEME: NATIONAL ECONOMY
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 2
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: TRAINING THE POPULATION TO BE HEALTHY AND PRODUCTIVE (LABOUR FORCE)
- Labour force
- places where labour force is required
- How to train labour force to be active and productive
At the end of this Unit, Pupils should be able to know:
- Labour force.
- Places where labour force is required.
- How to train labour force to be active and productive.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary school.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies TextBooks for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with resources utilization.
WORD FILE: Government, offices, programmes or seminars.
Labour force consist of all the people in a country who are of the right age to work. They are source of trained people from which workers can be hired. The total number of workers in the country makes up the labour force.
PLACES WHERE LABOUR FORCE IS REQUIRED
- Government offices
HOW TO TRAIN LABOUR FORCE TO BE ACTIVE AND PRODUCTIVE
- Organizing job training programmes or seminars
- Create awareness on STDs,HIV/ AIDS Education
- Encourage Adult education.
- Educate and enlighten the people on healthy living such as feeding, relaxation behaviour.
HOW POOR HEALTH AFFECTS THE LABOUR FORCE
- Reduction in man power
- Low morale
- Low self esteem
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (RESOURCES UTILIZATION).
- The Teacher introduces the topic ( TRAINING THE POPULATION TO BE HEALTHY AND PRODUCTIVE (LABOUR FORCE))
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- What is Labour force?
- List three places where labour force is required.
- Mention three ways How to train labour force to be active and productive
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: RESOURCES UTILIZATION
NEXT LESSON: WATER AND AIR TRANSPORT