SUBJECT: PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 10
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: WAYS OF TAKING DRUGS
- WAYS OF TAKING DRUGS
At the end of this discussion in this unit, children should be able to know:
- The ways of taking of drug.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
- Eye drop
- Abonilki , Rob and Chinese balm
- Pack of paracetamol, Panadol, aspirin.
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answers
- Pupils will visit pharmaceutical shops to know more about drugs.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum (UBE)
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Physical and Health Education for Primary Schools
WAYS OF TAKING DRUGS
Drugs can be taken in different ways such as:
- Through the mouth
- Through injection
- Rubbing of creams and ointments on the body like rob, Chinese balm, aboniki
- By Inhalation using inhalers
- Through the eyes like eye drops.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Discuss the ways of taking drug.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.