TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
THEME: COMPUTER APPRECIATION
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 9
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: SUPER COMPUTER
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Describe super computer.
- Mention the uses of super computer.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with main frame.
WORD FILE: meteorology,enterprises.
CLASSIFICATION OF COMPUTER BY SIZE
Computer are classified based on their sizes. These are:
- super computer
- mainframe computer
- minicomputer and
SIZE: they are not easily seen in most public’s places because of their size and the cost. They are very expensive.
Speed: It can perform hundreds of millions of instructions per second.so, they are the fastest and most powerful types of computer.
Usage: they are used for performing specialized applications, which require immense mathematical calculations. It is used in universities, research institutes, government agencies, large business enterprises, meteorology department for weather forecasting, in animation, fluid dynamics, calculation, petroleum exploration, nuclear research, etc.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (MAINFRAME COMPUTERS).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: SUPER COMPUTERS.
- She/he explains
based on its size, speed, and usage. supercomputer
- The teacher leads pupils to explain super computer based on its size, speed
STUDENT ACTIVITIES: student will be asked to explain super computer based on its size, speed and usage.
- explain super computer based on its size, speed and usage
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: CLASSIFICATION OF COMPUTER BASED ON PURPOSE
NEXT LESSON: MINI – COMPUTER