TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 2
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: God Shows mercy to us
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Know the meaning of mercy.
- Explain God’s mercy on us.
- The story of the prodigal son.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with types of work.
WORD FILE: demonstrate, prodigal.
Memory verse: Mathew 5: 7
Bible references: Luke 15: 11 – 32, Mathew 9: 9 – 13
MEANING OF MERCY
Mercy is the willingness to forgive rather than to punish or revenge. In the bible Jesus teaches us to have mercy on people, even if they have offended us because it help us to grow in kindness and have pity toward our fellow men. We should not always have records of those that offended us.
God‘s Mercy on us
Despite the fact Adam and eve sinned against God. God forgive them and that is why he sent Jesus Christ into the world to save us from our sin.
Jesus used the parable of the prodigal on to demonstrate mercy to us. This is the story of the prodigal son.
Prayers: O Lord, be merciful to us and give us the grace to be merciful to others. Amen.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (TYPES OF WORK)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand God Shows mercy to us
- Teacher leads pupils to mention lessons learnt from the prodigal son.
- What is mercy?
- mention lessons learnt from the prodigal son
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: TYPES OF WORK
NEXT LESSON: THE NEED TO BE MERCIFUL TO OTHERS