TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON COMPUTER STUDIES/ INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
THEME: COMPUTER APPRECIATION
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 10
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 45 MINUTES
TOPIC: MINI COMPUTER
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Describe mini computer.
- Mention the uses of mini computer.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Computer Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with Super computer.
WORD FILE: multiprocessing,simultaneously.
CLASSIFICATION OF COMPUTER BY SIZE
Computer are classified based on their sizes. These are:
- super computer
- mainframe computer
- minicomputer and
SIZE: they are small/medium size both in size and performance.
Speed: it does the same work as super computer and mainframe computer at a lower speed. it is also a multiprocessing system and it can support 4 – 200 user simultaneously.
Usage: they are used as network servers and internet servers with the help of multiple terminal. They are used in universities, polytechnics, and organizations like Banks, internet service companies. Minicomputer are easier to use.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (SUPER COMPUTERS).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: MINI COMPUTERS
- She/he explains minicomputer based on its size, speed, and usage.
- Teacher leads pupils to explain minicomputer based on its size, speed
- . STUDENT ACTIVITIES: student will be asked to explain minicomputer based on its size, speed and usage.
- Explain minicomputer based on its size, speed and usage.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: SUPER COMPUTERS
NEXT LESSON: MICRO – COMPUTER