Junior Secondary School Scheme of work for Home Economics JSS1 First Term – edudelight.com
Home Economics Scheme of work for JSS1 1st Term Lagos State
Week 1 – 2
INTRODUCTION OF HOME ECONOMICS
- Meaning of home economics
- Areas of home economic
- Relationship of home economics to other subject
Week 3 – 4
PUBERTY AND ADOLESCENCE
- Meaning of puberty and adolescence
- The signs of puberty in boys and girls
- The needs and challenges of the adolescent
- Hygiene guides for an adolescent
Week 5 – 6
SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS
- Meaning of sexually transmitted infections
- The causes of STD
- The signs of STI
- prevention of STI
Week 7 – 8
THE RIGHT OF A CHILD
- Meaning of right
- Types of right
- Who a child is
- The right of a child
- Right violation and what to do
Week 9 – 10
Week 11 – 12
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR HOME ECONOMICS JSS 1 (Basic 7) – MODIFIED 1
- Introduction to home economics; definition/meaning of home economics, areas of home economics, relationship of home economics to other subjects.
- Home economics and National Development; career opportunities in home economics, requirements for career in home economics, importance of home economics.
- The human body: structure and parts of the hair and eye, function of the hair and eyes, care and grooming of the hair and eyes.
- The human body: structure and parts of the nose and ear, functions of the nose and ear, care and grooming of the nose and ear.
- The human body: structure and parts of the skin, functions of the skin, care of the skin.
- The human body: Teeth, Hands and Feet, functions of the Teeth, Hands and Feet, care of the Teeth, Hands and Feet.
- Good Posture and exercise; definition/meaning, importance, rule or guidelines for maintaining good posture and exercising the body.
- Healthy feeding and eating practices.
- Healthy feeding and eating practices; effects of unhealthy feeding practices and eating habits, food additives.
- Healthy feeding and eating practices; food contaminants, drug abuse, effects of drug abuse on the body.
- Fatigue, rest and sleep; meaning of rest and sleep, causes and effects of fatigue, prevention of fatigue, importance of rest and sleep.
- Revision and Examination.