TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SUBJECT: BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 2
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: CHANGES IN PLANT
At the end of this lesson, Pupils should be able to:
- Mention the changes in plant.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- A growing plant
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answer
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum for
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Edudelight Basic Science and Technology for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: The students have been taught changes in nature.
WORD FILE: experience, harvested, immature.
CHANGES IN PLANT
Plants are also living things, they experience changes too as they grow. Most changes in plants are permanent changes.
Using Maize as an Example.
When a maize seed is planted into the soil, after some time, we experience change as the seed begins to grow, it changes from seed to seedlings. We experience increase in growths and the leaves keep broaden itself and greenish in colour, this is another change, after some time it will start producing fruits and the leaves of the corn turns yellow and brown before it is harvested by the farmer. These are different changes in plant.
Examples of Changes in Plants
- The seeds turn into seedlings when growing.
- Increase in height.
- Broaden leaves.
- Changes from flowers to fruits.
- Increase in fruit sizes.
- Change from immature (unripe fruits) fruits to matured fruits (ripe fruits).
- Green leave turn yellow.
- Yellow leaves turning brown.
- Leaves falls.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (CHANGES IN NATURE).
Teacherintroduces the lesson through question and answer (CHANGES IN PLANT).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- The Teacher write the note on the board.
Learners participate in the class discussion
Teacher ask the learners to:
- Mention three changes they observe in plant
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: CHANGES IN NATURE
NEXT LESSON: CHANGES IN ANIMALS