THEME: INTRODUCTION AND MEDIUM OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
WEEK 1: REVIEW OF LAST YEAR WORK
WEEK 2 and 3: MEANING OF AGRICULTURE
- Meaning of Agriculture
- Growing of crops,
- Rearing of animals.
- Processing, and
- Selling of agricultural products for the benefits of man
WEEK 4 and 5: IMPORTANCE OF AGRICULTURE
- Provision of food,
- Provision of shelter,
- Provision of income (money),
- Provision of employment /job opportunities,
- Provision of raw materials for industries,
- Provision of clothing,
- Provision of medical herbs,
- Provision of foreign exchange,
- Provision of transportation i.e. the use of horses, donkeys and camels.
- Provision of recreational and sport i.e. the use of animals like rabbits, dogs, cock, etc.
WEEK 6 and 7: PROBLEMS OF AGRICULTURE
- Use of crude implements (hoes and cutlasses),
- unstable government policies,
- Bad roads,
- Lack of storage facilities.
- Lack of improved seed,
- Land tenure system,
- Transportation problem,
- Lack medical facilities in the farm setting.
WEEK 8 and 9: PEOPLE IN AGRICULTURE
- Crop farmers,
- Animals rearers /livestock farmers
- Soil scientists,
- . Veterinary doctors.
- Horticulturists (gardeners),
- Agricultural engineers,
- Agricultural economists,
- Market people,
- Agricultural teachers.
WEEK 10 and 11: ORIGIN OF FARMING
- Farming originated in the near East by the early men.
- hunter of animals and gatherer of plants,
- Sharp digging stick as the first tool.
- The early men were wanderers
WEEK 12 and 13: Revision and Examination.