SUBJECT: BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY – FRICTIONAL FORCE
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 6
THEME: YOU AND TECHNOLOGY
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: FRICTIONAL FORCE
- Meaning of Friction
- Effect of Friction
- Advantages and disadvantages of friction
- Reduction of friction
At the end of this Topic, Student should be able to:
- Explain friction
- Mention the application of friction
- State the advantages and disadvantages of friction
- Explain ways that frictional force can be reduces
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Grease oil
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answer
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Basic Science and Technology for Primary Schools.
Frictional Force is a force that stops things from moving easily. It is friction that enables a nail to stay in a hole and hold two
EFFECT OF FRICTIONAL FORCE
The effect of frictional force is that it make writing easier on paper.
It make pushing or pulling difficult
ADVANTAGES OF FRICTION
- It makes it possible for vehicle to stop when break is applied
- It prevents car wheels from slipping on a tarred road
- It make a nails to hold pieces of wood together
- It prevent us from slipping when walking
- It prevent the bicycle wheel from slipping on a muddy road
DISADVANTAGES OF FRICTION
- It causes ware and tears in shoe soles, car tyres, car engines
- It make pushing difficult.
- It makes pulling difficult.
- It produces heat in car engines.
REDUCTION OF FRICTION
- Make use of sand paper on the surface of wood.
- The use of ball bearing and rollers.
- Make use of lubricants such as grease and oil.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- What is frictional force?
- Mention three advantages of friction
- Mention three disadvantages of friction
- Mention three ways of reducing friction
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.