Nigeria Senior Secondary School Further Mathematics Scheme of work – Edudelight.com
Further Mathematics Scheme of work for SS3 First Term
First-term SS3 Further Mathematics Scheme of work for Lagos State
2. PROBABILITY DISTRIBUTION
- Binomial Probability Distribution
- Poisson Probability Distribution
3. PROBABILITY DISTRIBUTION (CONTINUATION)
- Normal Distribution
- Properties and Area
- z – Scores Application.
- Definition of Concepts
- Resultant of Two Forces
- Components Resolution of Forces
5. STATICS – CONTINUATION
- Definition of Equilibrium and Condition of Equilibrium of Rigid Body
- Application of the Condition to Solve Problems
- Lami’sTheorem and Application
6. REVIEW OF WEEK 1 – 5
7. STATICS – CONTINUATION.
- Definition of Moment of a Force
- Principles of Moments
- Application of the Principle in Solving Problems
- Basic Concept
- Coefficient of Friction
- Forces Acting on a body.
9 – 12. Revision and Examination
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK
Review of SS2 examination questions. Quadratic inequalities and inequalities in two dimensions.
Matrices and Determinants (2×2, 3×3):
- basic definitions
- Matrices as linear transformations.
- Solution of 2×3 simultaneous equations.
- Basic definitions
- Proper and rational functions with denominators as linear functions (distinct and repeated) and others.
- Understand integration as the reverse of process of differentiation.
- Integration of algebraic polynomials including 1/x, logarithmic functions
- Definite integrals and application to kinematics, velocity- time and speed-time graph
- Area under the curve, trapezoidal rule, volume of solids of revolution
- Equations of parabola, hyperbola, ellipse in rectangular Cartesian coordinates
- Parametric equations
Week 6 -Correlation:
- Concept of correlation as measure of relationships
- Scatter diagrams
- Rank correlation
- Tied ranks
Week 7 – Mid-term test
Week 8 – Probability distributions and approximations
- Binomial distribution
- Poisson distribution
- Normal distribution
- Binomial approximations by Poisson distribution
Week 9 – Probability distribution and variance
- Normal approximations by binomial distribution
- Coefficient of variance of binomial, Poisson and normal.
Week 10 – Static forces
- Forces in equilibrium
- Resultant of parallel forces (in the same direction and inopposite direction) acting on a rigid body
Week 11. Revision