SUBJECT/ TITLE: CULTURAL AND CREATIVE
THEME: Customs and Traditions
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 8
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: Care of the Environment
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- State the meaning of environment.
- Explain how to care for an environment.
- List materials for caring for an environment.
- Demonstrate how to take care of an environment.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Chart showing different types of tools/materials used to clean the environment.
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
Entry Behaviour: the students have been taught about greetings.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Cultural and Creative Arts (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Cultural and Creative Arts for Primary Schools.
WORD FILE: surrounding , environment.
Meaning of Environment
Environment means everything surrounding us with the people around us.The environment is made up of air, water, plants, animals, rocks, and mountains and other creatures on earth.
Basic needs of environment
- Oxygen for breathing from air
- Water from rain.
- Food from plants and animals.
How to care for the Environment
The following are ways of taking care of our environment are:
- Through cleaning practices like sweeping, removal of unwanted weeds, cleaning of buildings and surroundings.
- Conserving Water
- Conserving energy like switching off light when not in use.
- Making our pets and animals environmentally friendly.
- Protecting plants and animals.
- Garbage or trash disposal
- Good character/attitude by tolerating one another
- Using environmentally friendly materials
Materials /tools for environmental care
The following tools are used to clean the environment.
- Mop and mopping bucket.
- Watering can
- Trash or waste water
- Cleaning brushes and dust pan
Practical care of an Environment
- Always empty trash bin.
- Open windows and doors to allow ventilation.
- Close tap when not in use.
- Planting of trees to provide shade and beautify the environment.
- Switching off lights and electrical items when not in use.
- Cleaning of the surroundings every time.
Benefits of caring for an Environment
Caring for an environment brings the following:
- Healthy living.
- It show we are grateful to our environment.
- It provides good welfare of the society
- It reduces earth warming
- It make us comfortable
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Mode of Greetings).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: Care of the Environment
- He/she explains the basic needs of the environment.
- He/she explains how to care for the Environment.
- The teacher leads pupils to mention the Materials /tools for environmental care.
- The pupils copy and submit their note for marking.
- Student carry out environmental sanitation in the school environment.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- Define environment.
- Mention three Basic needs of
- List three way to care for the Environment.
- Mention three Materials /tools for environmental care.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Basic Body Movements in Dance II
NEXT LESSON: Care of the Environment.