TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CIVIC EDUCATION
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
THEME: OUR VALUES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 11
CLASS: PRIMARY 5/ BASIC 5
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: WAYS OF ASSISTING PEOPLE AFFECTED BY DISASTERS
At the end of this discussion in this unit, students should be able to know:
- Ways of assisting people affected by disasters
- Organisations responsible for helping accident victims
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Writing materials
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Lagos State Civic Education Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Civic Education (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC)
- Edudelight Civic Education Text Books for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with.
WORD FILE: accommodation, Donation.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
WAYS OF ASSISTING PEOPLE AFFECTED BY DISASTERS
- Help by giving them first aid treatment.
- provide food for them
- help them with accommodation
- Donation of money
- Pray for speedy recovery from pains, injury or loss.
- We should volunteer and join the rescue team to rescue those affected.
- We should join the recovery team to recover victim’s properties and protect it from being stolen.
ORGANISATIONS RESPONSIBLE FOR HELPING ACCIDENT VICTIMS
- National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA)
- Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC)
- The Nigeria Red Cross
- Federal Fire Service
- The Nigerian Police Force
- Non – government Organisation (N.G.O)
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons ( EFFECT OF NATURAL DISASTERS ON LIFE AND PROPERTY ).
Teacherleads the pupils to understand the topic: WAYS OF ASSISTING PEOPLE AFFECTED BY DISASTERS.
- .Teacher leads pupils to mention the organisations responsible for helping accident victims.
- Mention three Ways of assisting people affected by disasters
- List three Organisations responsible for helping accident victims
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: EFFECT OF NATURAL DISASTERS ON LIFE AND PROPERTY
NEXT LESSON: ORGANISATIONS RESPONSIBLE FOR HELPING ACCIDENT VICTIMS