TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CIVIC EDUCATION
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 7
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: CONSEQUENCES OF ETHNICITY
At the end of this discussion in this unit, pupils should be able to know:
- consequences of ethnicity
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Writing materials
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Lagos State Civic Education Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Civic Education (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Civic Education Text Books for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with ethnicity.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
CONSEQUENCES OF ETHNICITY
- Man power wastage
- Political violence
- Communal conflicts
SOLUTIONS TO ETHICITY
The following are the ways out of ethnicity problems.\:
- Public enlighten campaign
- Inter-tribal marriage
- Fair distribution of resources
- Tolerating one another
- Government policies
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (ETHNICITY – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS III)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand (CONSEQUENCES OF ETHNICITY).
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the solutions to ethnicity.
- State three consequences of ethnicity
- Mention three solutions to ethnicity
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: ETHNICITY – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS III
NEXT LESSON: SOLUTIONS TO ETHNICITY