Secondary School Scheme of work Physics – Edudelight.com
NERDC Curriculum Physics SS2
SS2 First Term Physics Scheme of work Lagos State
- The concepts of position and distance in coordinate systems.
- Uniformly Accelerated motion
- Basics concepts of simple harmonic motion (S.H.M.)
- Applications of simple Harmonic motion
- Force and equilibrium of particles/concurrent forces
- Equilibrium of rigid / coplanar forces centre of gravity and stability
- Equilibrium of bodies in fluids – upthrust, Archemetes and floatation principles
10 -12. Revision and Examination
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR PHYSICS SS 2 – MODIFIED I
1. Position, Distance and Displacement.
2. Scalar and Vector Quantities-Concept of Scalar and Vector Quantities,Vector Representation etc
3. Derivation of Equation of Linear Motion, Motion under Gravity, Calculation using
4. Projectiles and Falling bodies.
5. Newton Laws of Motion-Conservation of Linear Momentum and Energy.
6 & 7 Equilibrium of Forces-Principle of Moment, Conditions for Equilibrium of a Rigid
Bodies etc.Centre of Gravity and Stability, Couple.
8. Simple Harmonic Motion-Definition, Speed, Amplitude, Displacement,
9 & 10 Machines – Types and Examples, Calculations.
11. Laboratory Exercises
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR PHYSICS SS 2 – MODIFIED II
- Position, distance and displacement.
- Scalar and vector Quantities-Concept of scalar and vector quantities, vector representation etc.
- Derivation of equation of linear motion, Motion under gravity, calculation using these equations.
- Projectiles and its application.
- Newton Laws of Motion – Conservation of Linear momentum and collision energy.
- Equilibrium if Forces – principle of moment, conditions for equilibrium of a Rigid Bodies etc.
- Equilibrium if Forces – centre of gravity and stability, couple
8. Simple Harmonic Motion- definition, speed, amplitude, displacement, acceleration, etc.
9. Simple Harmonic Motion – Energy of simple harmonic motion and forced vibration, Resonance.
10. Machines – Types and Examples
11. Machines – Calculation.
- Machines – Calculation.