TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: THE NEED TO BE MERCIFUL TO OTHERS
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Understand why we need to be merciful to others
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with God shows mercy to us.
WORD FILE: talents.
Memory verse: Mathew 5: 7
Bible references: Mathew 18: 21 – 34, Mathew 5: 7
THE NEED TO BE MERCIFUL TO OTHERS
We need to be merciful to others because Jesus have been merciful to us.
Jesus use the story of the unforgiving debtor.
A king gave his servants different amount of talents. So there was a day he wanted to know how they have use the talent. When he called the first servant was owing the king ten thousand talents and he could not repay it. So the king ordered that everything he had including his wife and children should be sold for the money to be paid back. But he pleased with the king and the king listen and forgave him.
After the king have forgiven and released him he went straight to another servant who owed him a hundred denarii. And he held the servant by the throat and forcefully requested for his money. The servant beg he but he refuse to forgive him and he told other servant to put him in prison until he pays the money. The other servant reported the case to the king and the king got angry and order that he too should be put into prison until he had paid up is debt.
This show the wickedness of men. So we should not behave like the wicked servant.
Prayers: O Lord, be merciful to us and give us the grace to be merciful to others. Amen.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (God Shows mercy to us)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand THE NEED TO BE MERCIFUL TO OTHERS
- Teacher leads pupils to mention why we need to be merciful to others.
- why do we need to be merciful to others
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: God Shows mercy to us
NEXT LESSON: God saves his people