Senior Secondary School Scheme of work Third Term SS1- Edudelight.com
Third Term ss1 Civic Education Scheme of work Lagos State
- Cultism – Origin
- Cultism in Higher Institutions of Higher learning in Nigeria
- Consequences of Cultism
- Constituted Authority
- Respect for Constituted Authority
- Emergence of Leadership
- Importance of Constituted Authority
8 – 11. Revision
THIRD TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR CIVIC EDUCATION SS 1 – MODIFIED I
- Constitution- Meaning and Sources, Types.
- Human Rights- Meaning and forms of Human Rights
- Human Rights Abuse and Effects on Society.
- Human Rights How to prevent Human Right Abuse.
- Rights and Obligation of Nigerian Citizens.
- Traffic Rules and Regulations
- Causes of Road Accident in Nigeria.
- Basic Facts on States
- Notables Notes and Common Abbreviations.
- Road Safety Vocabulary /Tips
THIRD TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR CIVIC EDUCATION SS 1 – MODIFIED II
Revision of last term’s work
- Definitions and types of political parties
- Functions of political parties
- Activities of the press in ensuring democracy
- Freedom of the press reasons for and how to ensure the freedom of the press
- Importance of F.O.I.B. (freedom of Information bill)
- Universal Declaration Of Human Rights (UDHR)
- The definition of Universal Declaration Of Human Rights
- Historical background of Universal Declaration Of Human Rights
- Importance of Universal Declaration Of Human Rights
Human Rights (cont’d)
- the meaning of seven core freedoms of the UDHR
- The importance of fundamental human rights
Responsibility of individual, groups and government inUDHR
- The roles of Individuals in promoting UDHR.
- The roles of groups in promoting UDHR.
- The roles of government in UDHR e.g. establishment of agencies NAPTIP, Legal Aids Council
Agencies responsible for protection of human rights
- Establishment and formations of the agencies
- The roles of agencies for protection of human rights
- Locating and visiting government agencies concerned with UDHR
- Browsing through the internet to locate world agencies for the protection of human rights, child rights.
- Definition different cult groups and their symbols e.g black axe, buccaneer, eiye etc.
Origin of Cultism
- Reasons for establishing and joining cults
- Consequences of cultism e.g. expulsion, violence, murder etc.
- Preventive measures against cultism
- Government effort in preventing cultism
Law and Order respect for constituted authority
- Definition of authority and types
- Meaning of constituted authority
- Differences between authority and constituted authority
Types of constituted authority
- Importance of constituted authority to the people
- Revision & Examination