Third Term Mathematics Curriculum for Senior Secondary Schools in Nigeria
Third Term Mathematics Curriculum for SS1
Mathematics Scheme of work for Lagos State
THIRD TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR MATHEMATICS SS 1
- Perimeters of sectors and segments
- Areas of Sectors of a Circle
- Areas of Segments of a Circle
- Relation between the sector of Circle and the surface of a Cone.
- Surface Area and Volume of Shapes – Cube, Cuboid, Cylinder, Pyramids, Cone, and Prism.
- Surface Area and Volume of fraction of Cones and Pyramids.
- Surface Area and Volume of Compound Shapes.
- Data Presentation and frequency distribution tables.
- Linear graph, Bar chart and Histograms Differences between Bar charts and Histograms
- Pie chart and frequency polygon.
THIRD TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR MATHEMATICS SS 1 – MODIFIED I
MENSURATION: Concept of 3rd shapes cube, cuboids, cylinder, triangular prism, cone, rectangular based pyramid, and total surface area of cone, cylinder and their volumes.
(a) Volumes of frustums of cone, rectangular based pyramids (b) Proofs of angles sum of a triangle (c) the exterior angle.
Geometrical Construction: (a) revision of construction of triangle. (b) Drawing and bisecting of line segment. (c) Construction and bisection of . 57 (d) Construction and bisection of , , etc.
CONSTRUCTION: (a) construction of quadrilateral polygon (b) construction of equilateral triangle. (c) Locus of moving points including equidistance from two lines, of two points and constant distance from the point.
DEDUCTIVE PROOF: (a) sum of angles of a triangle (b) Relationship of triangles on a straight line. (c) Revision of angles on parallel line cut by a transversal line. (d) Congruent triangles. (e) Properties of parallelogram and intercept theorem.
STATISTICS: (a) Collection and Tabulation and presentation of data e.g. data from height, ages, weight, test and Examination scores of students, population of students from different schools, classes etc. (b) Different species of animals and types of vehicles etc.
Calculation of Range, median and mode of ungrouped data.
(a) Data already collected by the students.
(b) Data collected from other statistical records.
Collection, tabulation and presentation of grouped data (a) Data from height, ages, weights, test and examination scores of students. (b) Population of students from different classes.
Calculation of range, media and mode of grouped data. (a) Data already collected by students. (b) Other statistical records.
STATISTICAL GRAPHS: (a) Drawing of bar chart, pie-chart and histogram. (b) Cumulative frequency curve. (c) Reading and drawing inferences from the graph.
Mean deviation, variance and standard deviation of grouped data. Use in solving practical problems related to real life situations.
WEEK 12 & 13
THIRD TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR MATHEMATICS SS 1 – MODIFIED II
Mensuration: The Concept of B – D a Shape Cube, Cuboids, Cylinder, Triangular Prism, Cone, Rectangular Based Pyramid, Total Surface Area of Cone, Cylinder and their Volumes.
(a) Volumes of Frustums of Cone, Rectangular Based Pyramid and other Pyramids
(b) Proofs of Angles Sum of a Triangle = 180o
(c) The Exterior Angle
- Geometrical Construction
- Revision of Construction of Triangle
- Drawing and Bisection of Line Segment
- Construction and Bisection of Angles 90o, 45o, 135o, 221/2o, 571/2o
- Construction and Bisection of Angles: 30o, 60o, 90o, 120o, 150o, etc.
- Construction of Quadrilateral Polygon i.e. four sided figure with given certain conditions parallelogram
- Construction of Equilateral Triangle
- Locus of Moving Points Including Equidistance from Two Lines of Two Points and Constant Distance from the Point.
- Sum of Angles of a Triangle.
- Relationship of Triangles on a Straight Line.
- Revision of Angles on Parallel Line Cuts by a Transversal Line.
- Congruent Triangles.
- Properties of Parallelogram and Intercept Theorem.
- Collection and Tabulation and Presentation of data e.g. data from height, ages, weight, test and examination scores of students, population of students from different schools, classes etc.
- Different Species of Animals and Types of Vehicles etc.
Calculation of Range, median and mode of ungrouped data
- Data Already Collected by the Students
- Data Collected from Other Statistical Records
- Collection, Tabulation and Presentation of Grouped Data
- Data from height, ages, weights, test and examination scores of students
- Population of students from different classes.
- Calculation of Range, Median and Mode of Grouped Data
- Data already collected by the students
- Other statistical records
- Drawing of bar chart, pie-chart and histogram
- Cumulative frequency curve
- Reading and drawing inferences from the graph
(a) Mean deviation, Variance and standard deviation of grouped data use in solving practical problems related to real life situations