TOPIC: WORDS AND OPPOSITE
Words are things we say. Like come, go, I, we, etc.
Opposite is a word that expresses a meaning opposed to the meaning of another word. Another word for opposite is called Antonyms.
Examples of words and opposite
Examples of using the opposite of a word to make a sentence
|1||safe||unsafe||The road is unsafe for use to walk.|
|2||fit||unfit||The water is unfit for drinking.|
|3||complete||incomplete||The books are incomplete.|
|4||correct||incorrect||The spelling is incorrect.|
|5||in||out||Bola went out of the class.|
Find the opposite of the following words
Choose which of the words given in brackets means the opposite of the word underlined in each sentences.
- Her room is always clean. (Dirty, poor, untidy, ugly).
- Do not come too late for my party. (Prompt, early, quickly, timely).
- I asked Emmanuel to empty the water in the basket. (fill, pack, load, pour)
TOPIC: QUESTION AND ANSWER
Question are sentences we say by asking and we require answer. These question is commonly use in English Language.
WH –questions are different from answering directly Using Yes or No.
WH questions are questions that start with WH –words. These are what, when, whom, where, which, whose, why, how, how far, how long, how much, how come, how old, whose, whom, why don’t, etc.
These words are used to ask questions about specific qualities, times, places, people, etc
of question words, where it is use and sentences
|Question words||What it is used for||Example of Question words|
|1||who||To ask about people||Who told you about me?|
|2||where||To ask about a place||Where is my book?|
|3||when||To ask about time||When is break?|
|4||what||To ask about things||What are you doing?|
|5||which||To ask about choices||Of all the subjects in the school, which one would you like?|
|6||How||To ask about manner/process||How did you get here?|
|7||why||To ask about reasons/causes||Why is David crying?|
|8||whose||To ask about possession||Whose school bag is this?|
Examples of sentences that make use of WH –word and how to answer it
- What is your name? I am fine, thank you.
- When did you live? I Left an hour ago.
- How Was your day? It was fine, thank you.
- How old are you? I clock six (6) today.
- How many people are there in your class? There are 10 of them.
- How much did it cost? It cost N20.
- Why did you think he hates you? Because he refuse talking to me.
- Whose class is better? Paul’s class is much better.
- .__________ will you leave? After the meeting. A.what B. who C. whom D. whose
- __________ is Peter? He is still fine. Thanks for asking. A. what B. who C. whom D. How
- ___________ pen is this? It’s John’s. A. what B. whom B. whose C. who
- _________ was the weather like on Monday? It was raining a lot. A. what B.what C. when D. How
- Make three sentences using WH- question.