Basic 9 Curriculum Social Studies
Junior Secondary School Curriculum social Studies – Edudelight.com
Lagos State Curriculum Social Studies Basic 9 First Term
Week 1 – ECONOMIC INSTITUTION IN NIGERIA Banks
- Functions of commercial banks
- Functions of central banks of Nigeria
Week 2 – INSURANCES
- Types of insurance
- Functions of insurance
- Nigeria deposit insurance corporation (NDIC)
- Roles of NDIC
Week 3 – NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE
- Security and exchange commission
- What is a share?
- Roles of Nigerian stock exchange
- Roles of securities and exchange
Week 4 – TRANSPORTATION
- Types of transportation
- Advantages of various types
- Disadvantage of air, sea and road transport
Week 5 – GLOBAL INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
- Reasons for global international co-operation
- Strategies for achieving global international cooperation
- Consequence of global international co-operation
Week 6 – INTERNATIONAL CONFLICT
- Causes of international conflict solutions
Week 7 – COMMON CRIMES AND ASSOCIATED PUNISHMENT
- Crimes and national security
Week 8 – 11 – Revision
Week 12 – Examination
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR SOCIAL STUDIES JSS 3 (BASIC 9) – MODIFIED I
- Population Census
- Self Esteem
- National Economy
- Sectors of the Nigeria Economy
- Nature of Nigeria Economy
- Economic reform measure in Nigeria I
- Economic reform measure in Nigeria II
- Economic Institution
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR SOCIAL STUDIES JSS 3 (BASIC 9) – MODIFIED II
- Revision of last term’s work.
- National Economy: (a) Meaning of National Economy. (b) Examples of economic activities: (i) Trading (ii) manufacturing (iii) farming (iv) Fishing, etc.
- Sectors of the Nigerian Economy: (a) Meaning of a sector of an economy. (b) Sectors of the Nigerian Economy: Public and private sector e.g. agriculture, mining, finance, industrial, education, etc.
- Nature of the Nigerian Economy: (a) The nature of the Nigerian Economy: (i) Mono-
Product. (ii) import oriented. (b) Advantages and disadvantages of types of economy. (c) the need for a diversification of the economy.
5. Economic Reform Measures in Nigeria – Privatization, commercialization and deregulation: Meaning of Privatization, commercialization and deregulation
(b) Reasons for Privatization, Commercialization and deregulation
6. Economic Reform Measures in Nigeria- Privatization, Commercialization and deregulation: (c) Advantages and Disadvantages of Privatization (d) problems associated with privatization, commercialization and deregulation- (i) Lack of awareness caused by illiteracy. (ii) Poverty ( people cannot buy shares because they are poor), etc.
7. Economic institutions: Examples of Economic Institution- banks, insurance companies etc), the roles of economic institutions in Nigerians economy.
8. World transportation system: types of transportation ( road, water and air transport). Differentiate between the transportation systems.
9. World transportation system: advantages of each transport system and impact of science and technology on world transport systems.
10 -11. Revision