SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 8
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: CHARACTERISTICS OF DRUG ABUSERS, THEIR TREATMENT AND REHABILITATION
- Characteristic Of Drug Abusers
- Abusers Of Alcohol
- Abusers Of Tobacco
- Abusers Of Cannabis
At the end of this Unit, Pupils should be able to:
- Know the Characteristics Of Drug Abusers
- Know the effects Abusers Of Alcohol
- Know the Effects of Abusers Of Tobacco
- Know the Effects of Abusers Of Cannabis
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary school.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
CHARACTERISTICS OF DRUG ABUSERS
ABUSERS OF ALCOHOL
- Slowed speech
- Shaking of the hands
- Inability to maintain balance
- Crying publicly without reasons
ABUSERS OF TOBACCO
- Discoloration of lips burnt/ dark finger
- Coloured teeth
- Incessant coughing from lung congestion
- Loss of appetite
- Chest can gestrum
ABUSERS OF CANNABIS
- Undue excitement
- False source of confidence and pleasure
- Mentally disorder.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Mention three effects of Abusers Of Alcohol
- Mention three effects of Abusers Of Tobacco
- Mention three effects of Abusers Of Cannabis
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.