TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CIVIC EDUCATION
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
THEME: OUR VALUES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 5
CLASS: PRIMARY 5/ BASIC 5
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: IMPORTANCE OF CIVIC EDUCATION
At the end of this discussion in this unit, students should be able to know:
- Importance of civic education
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Writing materials
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Lagos State Civic Education Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Civic Education (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC)
- Edudelight Civic Education TextBooks for Primary Schools
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with why we study civic education.
WORD FILE: society.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
IMPORTANCE OF CIVIC EDUCATION
The following are the importance of civic education
- To be aware of our rights as citizens.
- To develop good citizens.
- Makes governance easy.
- To know about government policies and programmes.
- To maintain peaceful and orderly and stable environment.
- To makes us understand our society.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (WHY WE STUDY CIVIC EDUCATION).
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand the topic: IMPORTANCE OF CIVIC EDUCATION.
- .Teacher leads pupils to mention the importance of civic education.
- Mention three Importance of civic education
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: WHY WE STUDY CIVIC EDUCATION
NEXT LESSON: NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS