TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 9
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: The Holy Spirit guides us to all truth
- Explanation of the word “Truth”
- Love and God commandment
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Explain truth means
- Know the love and God commandment
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with.
WORD FILE: verified,counselor.
Memory verse: Acts 14: 16
Bible references: John 14: 14 – 31; 16:15 – 16
Meaning of Truth
Truth is fact that has been verified or statement that is right. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of truth so he cannot lie. When the Holy Spirit comes to us, he makes us to understand all truth and do the right thing. That is why at the last supper Jesus told his disciples that God will give them a counselor which is the spirit of truth will teach them all things and remember them all what he has been saying to them.
As Christian we need the knowledge on truth so that we will not fall into the hand of false teachers and prophet. The Holy Spirit will always reveal the truth to us.
Prayers: Holy Spirit helps us to always say the truth at all time. Amen.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (THE HOLY SPIRIT INSPIRES US).
- The teacher leads the pupils to understand how The Holy Spirit guides us to all truth
- The teacher explains the term truth to the pupils.
- The teacher leads pupils to explain how the holy spirit will guide us to all truth
- explain how the holy spirit will guide us to all truth
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: THE HOLY SPIRIT INSPIRES US
NEXT LESSON: THE FRUIT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT