TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
THEME: SOCIAL ISSUES AND PROBLEMS
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 5
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: GENDER DISCRIMINATION
At the end of this Unit, Pupils should be able to know:
- Meaning of gender discrimination
- Arrears where discrimination occurs
- Consequences of gender discrimination
- Solution to gender discrimination
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary school.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies TextBooks for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with telecommunication system in Nigeria.
WORD FILE: Gender, discrimination,fundamentals, Under utilization.
Gender discrimination is the way people are treated because of their sex. It is denying someone his or her right just because that person is a male or female.
Areas in which gender discrimination occurred are:
- Family roles,
- Access to loans
- Decision making
- Social activities,
- Security and defense, etc.
CONSEQUENCES OF GENDER DISCRIMINATION:
- It leads to inferiority complex
- Underutilization of human resources,
- Denials of equal opportunities,
- Denials of fundamentals human right.
SOLUTIONS TO GENDER DISCRIMINATION
- Equal opportunity should be given to men and women,
- Encouragement of girl child education
- There should be Respect for the fundamental human rights of women,
- Implementation of affirmative action
- Cultures, law and administration that against women should be stopped
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (TELECOMMUNICATION SYSTEM IN NIGERIA).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (GENDER DISCRIMINATION)
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- What is gender discrimination?
- List three where discrimination occurs
- Mention three Consequences of gender discrimination
- Mention three Solution to gender discrimination
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: TELECOMMUNICATION SYSTEM IN NIGERIA
NEXT LESSON: GROUP CONFLICTS