SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: PREVENTION OF DRUG ABUSE AND LIFE COPING SKILLS
- CONSEQUENCES OF DRUG ABUSE
At the end of this module, Pupils should be able to know the:
- Prevention Of Drug Abuse
- Consequences Of Drug Abuse
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
CONTENT OF THE MODULE
PREVENTION OF DRUG ABUSE AND LIFE COPING SKILLS
- to prevent drug abuse is to give a child the right morals
- let the child be educate to the side effect of drug abuse
- keep drug away from children
- Health promotion behavior e.g. regular exercise, discrimination among what is to be consumed, positive relation constructive play etc.
- Non – governmental organization, religious organization, rotracts, boys scout, girls guide Brigade, red cross etc.
- Moral responsibilities concept of right and wrong, importance of discipline, receptiveness to criticism, recreation adhering to religious tents etc.
CONSEQUENCES OF DRUG ABUSE
- Disrespect to constituted authority
- Abnormal behaviour
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Mention three ways to Prevent Drug Abuse
- List three Consequences Of Drug Abuse
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.