Junior Secondary School Curriculum Nigeria – Edudelight.com
Lagos State Curriculum for Mathematics
Jss2 Mathematics Curriculum for Second Term
- Algebraic expression
- Algebraic expression
- Simple equation
- Linear inequality
- Graph of linear inequality
- Plane shapes
- Scale drawing
Jss2 Mathematics Curriculum for Second Term – Modified I
- Revision of First Term Work, expanding and factorizing algebraic expression, solving of quadratic equations.
- Simple Equations: Harder problems on Algebraic Fractions.
- Word Problems on algebraic Fractions. World problem leading to Simple Algebraic Fractions.
- Linear inequality in one variable. Graphical representations of solutions of linear inequalities in one variable.
- Graphs: plotting points on the Cartesian plane (the axis and plotting of points). Linear Equation in two variables – plotting the graph of Linear Equations in two variables
- More work on plotting and joining points to form plane shapes on Cartesian Planes.
- Reviews of first half terms and Periodic test
- Graphs: Linear graphs from real-life situations – plotting linear graphs from real-life situations. Quantitative reasoning – solving quantitative aptitude problems.
- Plane Figures/shapes: Revision on properties of parallelogram rhombus and kite.
- Scale drawing – Drawing to scale to represent given distances. Solving problems on quantitative aptitude related to plane shapes/ figures
Jss2 Mathematics Curriculum for Second Term – Modified II
Week 1: EXPANSION OF ALGEBRAIC EXPRESSION
i. Expansion of the form a(b + c) = ab + ac
ii. Expansion of the form (a + b) (c + d) = ac + ad + bc + bd
iii. Quantitative reasoning involving expansion
Week 2: FACTORIZATION OF ALGEBRAIC EXPRESSION
i. Factorisation of the form ax + ay = a (x + y)
ii. Factorisation of the form abc + abd = ab (c + d)
Week 3: ALGEBRAIC FRACTION
i. Algebraic fraction with monomial denominators (addition, substraction, multiplication and division)
ii. Word problems leading to simple algebraic fractions
Week 4: SIMPLE EQUATIONS
i. Solving simple equations
ii. Word problems on simple equations.
Week 5: LINEAR INEQUALITIES IN ONE VARIABLE
i. Solution of linear inequalities
ii. Graphical representation of linear inequalities
iii. Word problems involving linear inequalities in one variable
Week 6: PLANES, SHAPES AND FIGURES
Week 7: ANGLES IN A POLYGON
i. Revision of angles in a triangle
ii. Identification and naming of polygons (up to 10 sides)
iii. Sum of angles in a quadrilateral.
iv. The sum of interior angles in a polygon
Week 8: SCALE DRAWING
i. Drawing plane objects to scale
ii. Converting actual lengths to scale
iii. Calculation from scale drawing
iv. Combination of plane shapes to produce design
Week 9: GRAPHS
i. Revision of plotting of points on the Cartesian plane
ii. Solutions of linear equations in two variables using graphs
iii. Linear graphs from real life situations
Week 10: ANGLES OF ELEVATION AND DEPRESSION
i. Identifying angles of elevation and depression
ii. Distinguishing between angles of elevation and depression
iii. Measuring angles of elevation and depression
iv. Using angles of elevation and depression in calculating distances and heights
Week 11/12: Revision/Examination
Previous Post: First term Mathematics scheme of work jss2