Senior Secondary School Scheme of work Government – Edudelight.com
NERDC Curriculum Government SS2
SS2 First Term Government Scheme of work Lagos State
- Elections: Meaning, Functions, Demerits and Types of Elections, Merits and Demerits of Types
- Types of Voting- Merits and Demerits of each Type of Voting- Free and Fair Election- Meaning, Conditions Necessary for the Conduct of a Free and Fair Elections
- Electoral Commission- Meaning Features and Functions.
- Public Administration- The Civil Service: Meaning, Features, Structures/Classes, Functions, Problems and Control: The Civil Service Commission- Meaning, Functions, Ombudsman, Meaning and Functions
- Public Corporation- Meaning, Characteristics, Reasons for Setting up Public Corporations, Functions, Organizational Structure, Differences between Public and Civil Service, Control of Public Corporation.
- Local Government: Definition, Powers and Functions, Reasons for the Creation of Local Government, Control of Local Government, Control, Problems and Suggested Solutions to Problems of Local Government.
- Pre-Colonial Political System in Nigeria; Hausa/Fulani Political System, Igbo Political System.
- Pre-Colonial Political System: Yoruba Political System- Pre-colonial Political Institutions with their Functions-Traditional Rulers, Council of Elders, Secret Societies, Age Grade etc.
- Colonial Administration: Historical background, Meaning, Reasons, Features and Classification.
- British Colonial Policy: Indirect Rule System-North, West and East- Merits and Demerits of Indirect Rule.
- French Colonial Policy: Historical Background- French Colonial Policies-Assimilation and Association- Features and Reasons for the Failure of Assimilation-Compare British and French Colonial Policies.
- Revision and Examination
SS2 First Term Government Scheme of work – Modified
- Electoral Process
- Election meaning, Types and Purposes
3&4 Electoral system
The Electoral commission
5. Public Opinion
6. Civil Service:
- Meaning, Characteristics, Structure and functions.
- Problems and control of Civil service
7. Ombudsman (Public Complaint Commission)
- Meaning and functions
- Police force: Functions of the Police force
Public corporations: Meaning, Reasons for setting up of Public Corporations,Problems and suggested solutions .
8. Local Government
Meaning, Types, Function, Problems and solutions.
Sources of Finance/Funds.
9. Pre-colonial Administration in Nigeria
Hausa/Fulani Traditional Political system
10. Pre-colonial Administration
Yoruba Political system
Igbo Political system
11-13 Revision and Examination