TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON SOCIAL STUDIES
SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 10
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
TIME: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: SIMILARITIES AND ASPECTS OF RELIGION
At the end of this Unit, Pupils should be able to know:
- similarities and aspects of religion
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary school.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Social Studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Edudelight Social Studies TextBooks for Primary Schools
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with our Religion.
WORD FILE: authority,neighbors,interaction.
SIMILARITIES AND ASPECTS OF RELIGION
- They teach us to believe in one God.
- They teach us not to do evil.
- To teach us to be good and to behave well.
- They teach us to love other people as we love ourselves.
- To teach us to fear and Respect God.
- To teach us to be peaceful with our neighbors.
- They teach us to tolerate one another.
- They teach us to respect people in authority.
DIFFERENCES IN RELIGION
- They have different name of God.
- They dress differently
- They have different places of worship
- They have different belief like Christian worship God through Jesus Christ, Muslim worship God through Mohammed, traditional religion worship God through their ancestors and spirit.
WHY WE MUST TRY TO LISTEN TO OTHERS PEOPLE VIEWS
- To leave peacefully with one another.
- To share ideas and learn from each other’s.
- To be able to take decision together.
- To promote interaction among us
- To promote peace and progress.
- To avoid religious crisis
- To promote national unity and development.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (OUR RELIGION).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (SIMILARITIES AND ASPECTS OF RELIGION).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- List three Similarities in religion
- Mention four Ways of cultural preservation
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: OUR RELIGION
NEXT LESSON: OUR RELIGION