First Term Further Mathematics Syllabus for Senior Secondary Schools in Nigeria – Edudelight.com
Further Mathematics Syllabus for SS1 First Term
SS1 Further Mathematics Scheme of work for Lagos State
- Indices: Basic Laws & Application of indices
- Indicial and Exponential Equations
- Logarithms – Laws and application
- General review of basic concept of set theory
- Operation of sets and Venn diagrams
- Review of First Half Terms Lesson & Periodic Test
- Binary operations and basic laws of binary operations (i) Definition (ii) Solution of simple problems on binary operations (iii) Closure, commutative, associative and distributive laws
- Binary operations continues: (i) Solution to problems on laws of binary operations (ii) Identity and inverse elements of a given binary operations (iii) Addition and multiplication tables for binary operations
- Surds: (i) Definition of surds (ii) Rules and manipulation of surds (iii) Rationalization of surds at the denominator and equality of surds.
- Measures of central tendency: (i) Mean, Median and Mode of grouped and ungrouped data (ii) Estimation of mode from the histogram of a grouped data.
FURTHER MATHEMATICS SS1 SCHEME OF WORK FOR FIRST TERM – MODIFIED
- General revision and basic concept of set
- Operation of set and Venn diagram: Union, intersection, compliment, and cardinality of Set.
- BINARY OPERATION AND BASIC LAWS: (a) definition of binary operation (b) solve simple operation of binary operations e.g a x b = – 2ab (b)Identity law of binary operation.
- BINARY OPERATION CONTINUES: (a) solve problems and application of laws of binary operation to given problems (b) identity and inverse element (d) draw addition and multiplication table for binary operation of modulo.
- INDICES: (a) basic laws of indices (b) use of indices laws in solving given problems
- INDICIAL EQUATION AND GRAPH OF EXPONENTIAL FUNCTIONS: e.g Y = , where x 1.
- Review of first half term and periodic test
- LOGARITHMS; (a) state the laws of logarithms (b) application of law of logarithms to given problems (c) solve problems involving change of base
- SURD: (a) definition of surd (b) state the rules of surds (c) solve basic operations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and rationalization of surd with the use of conjugate surd.
- MEASURE OF LOCATION: (a) mean, median and mode (b) estimating mode from histogram of grouped data.(c)estimating the median from histogram of groped data