Lagos State Scheme of work for Physical and Health Education
- Creative rhythmic activities: meaning and types Of rhythmic activities.
- Athletics – tracks events: long distance races e.g. 800m, 1500m, marathon, skills and techniques
E.g. the start, the running pace and stride length Breathing, running tactics, finishing.
- Relay race: Description of 4 × 100m and 4 × 400m Relay. Skills in relay races e.g. (I). The baton grip (II)
The take off
(III). Non – Visual exchange (IV). Finishing
- Hurdle : Basic skill in hurdle – starting position, Approach to the first hurdle, clearing the hurdle, Landing, stride between hurdles finishing
- Field event: (high jump) – meaning, basic skills in High jump – (I). Approach or run up (II). Take off (III). Flight (IV). Landing styles in high jump e.g. the Flop (II). Straddle (III). Western roll (IV). Eastern roll
- Long jump: the pitch, basic style in long jump (I)
The sail (II). The hang (III). The hitch (IV). The landing (V). the recovery
- Techniques/basic skills in long jump: (I) the Approach run or run up, the take off, the flight, the Landing, the recovery, rules and regulation of
- Games and sports: football – history, categories Of players e.g. goal keeper, the defenders, the Mid fielder, the attacker, the size of the Pitch/field
- Football: rules and regulation, officials and their duties.
- Table tennis: History, nature of playing table tennis, Officials and their duties, officiating rules
- Volley ball: History, nature of playing volley ball, Size of court and numbers of players. Rules
And regulation, official and their duties.
- Basket ball: History, nature of basket ball, Position of player on the court, officials and their Duties, officiating rules
- Revision and Examination