Second Term PHE Scheme of work for Junior Secondary School 1 – Edudelight.com
Lagos State Scheme of work for Secondary School
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR PHE JSS 1 (Basic 7)
- Shot put
- Ball games (soccer)
- Volley Ball
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR PHE JSS 1 (Basic 7) -MODIFIED I
- Revision of last term`s work
- Recreation, Leisure and Dance activities
Importance of food
Athletics: – (Track and field event)
-Discus and shot-put.
-Drawing and labeling the sectors of shot-put, Discus with dimensions.
Basic skills and techniques in the following events:
I. Shot put.
- Safety measures in shot put and discus.
- The benefits of taking part in athletics.
Execution of basic skills and techniques in:
(B) Shot put
Ball games: Volleyball
Volleyball – History of volleyball.
Basic skills and techniques in volleyball.
WEEK 7 & 8
Practical performance of volleyball
History of soccer
-Basis skills and techniques in soccer.
-Application of the rules and regulations governing soccer and their functions
-Facilities and equipments.
-Values of soccer.
–Practical performance of soccer
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR PHE JSS 1 (Basic 7) -MODIFIED II
- Revision of first term work.
- Aquatic sports.; ( a)Meaning and types of aquatic sports e .g. regatta; water polo, canoeing, fishing,(b )Facilities and equipment for aquatic sports( c) safety measures in aquatic sports(d) skills in aquatic spots (d) skills in aquatic sports.
- First aid and safety education,; Meaning of First Aid and safety education ( b) contents of First Aid Box (c) of Qualities of a good first aider.
- Personal school and community health. (a) Determinant of health .(1)Hereditary (11)Environment (111)Life style (b)Characteristics of a healthy person (1)Ability to work without easily fatigued (Ability to comprehend mental fatigue (III)Resistance to infection.
- Sewage and refuse Disposal. (a) Meaning of sewage and Refuse (b) Methods of Sewage disposal—open dump water system V IP latrine others(c) Methods of refuse disposal –Open dump, incinerator, composting; controlled tipping others.
- Water supply .. Sources of water supply rain ,bore hole , well, spring ,stream’, lake ;river,pipe borne water (b)Qualities of good water supply .Odourless., Tasteless colourless, Free from pathogens and acceptable mineral composition
- Meaning and components of physical fitness.(a)Meaning of physical fitness (b)Components of physical fitness (c) Characteristics of physical fit person (d)Importance of physical fitness; (e)Health related components Performance related components
- Fitness exercises (a) Exercises to develop endurance and, flexibility (b) Precautions while performing exercises.
- Fundamental human movement.(a) locomotor movements—walking jogging ,running ,jumping skipping, hopping (b) Non locomotor movements. ;stretching, bending ,lifting, pushing, twisting,
- Meaning and components of Recreation, (a) definition of recreation ,..leisure and rest (b)Components of recreation___-(a )indoor, recreation( b) outdoor recreation.(c)Types of activities under the two components of recreation.