SUBJECT: AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 5 and Week 7
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: MAJOR USES OF FARM and ANIMAL TOOLS
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Uses different farm Tools
- Uses different Animal Tools
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ Chalkboard
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools.
- Online Materials.
- Lagos State Agricultural Science Scheme of Work
- Agricultural Science for Primary Schools.
MAJOR USES OF FARM TOOLS
- Cutlass: it is use for clearing weeds, Cutting unwanted branches, planting grains and tubers.
- Sickle : used when Harvesting grains like rice and sorghums
- Hoe: used for weeding and making heaps, ridges, harvesting tubers.
- Axe: used in felling of trees, cutting logs, uprooting slumps and splitting fire wood
- Watering Can: t is used to apply water to crops like seedlings in a nursery and vegetables. it is used in applying liquid fertilizers to crops
- Spade: It can be used for digging of holes and trenches around us, for leveling the ground, for making seedbeds, ridges, mounds and heaps, transplanting of seedlings like palm oil seedlings, turning the soil and the mixing of manures, light weeding in the farm and at home.
- Shears: are used to prune down trees or branches of shrubs, trimming of hedges and trimming of Ornamental plants used in house decoration.
MAJOR USES OF ANIMAL TOOLS
- Drinking Trough: it holds water or drugs for animals
- Feeding Trough: it Holds feeds(food) or drugs for animals
- Fishing Net: it is use for catching and collecting fish from the river
- Battery Cage: it is use for keeping poultry birds.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Mention three farm and animal Tools uses
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.