TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CIVIC EDUCATION
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 9
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY
At the end of this discussion in this unit, pupils should be able to know:
- Duties of citizen to constituted authority
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Writing materials
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Lagos State Civic Education Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Civic Education (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Civic Education Text Books for Primary Schools\
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with.
WORD FILE: development, impose.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Constituted authority is the body of authority that makes and impose laws for the progress and development of the country. They are the Government. They are people responsible for controlling a country or state.
DUTIES OF CITIZEN TO CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY
- Payment of taxes
- There should be orderliness in doing things.
- There should be proper use of public facilities
- By supporting government programmes and policies
- Participate in voting during election
- Respecting traffic rules
- Report criminals around us
- Obedience to the law of the society
- Respect for national symbols
- Defend the nation during the war
- Loyalty and patriotism to the nation
- Correct the government mistakes
- Being a good ambassadors of Nigeria
MEANING OF CONSTITUTED AUTHORITIES USING THE SCHOOL OFFICIALS
The school officials also have a role to play by teaching the people what and how to obey constituted authorities.
The following are constituted authorities using the school officials like head teacher, teacher.
- They teach the pupils to obey rules and regulations
- The official let the pupil know that there is first aid treatment in the school in case of injury.
- The school officials teaches the pupils to how to behave well in the school and society.
- They teach the people about their social responsibilities.
- They ensure the pupils are in safe hands when in school
- They impact knowledge to the pupils about their environment
RESPONSIBILITIES OF CONSTITUTED AUTHORITIES
The following are the responsibilities of constituted authorities
- Provision of good and quality education
- Secure the nation against external forces
- Provision of health care services
- Ensure that justice and equity is guaranteed.
- Maintain law and order in the nation through security and law enforcement agencies.
- They should provide social amenities.
- They provide security services.
- Provision of employment to the people in the country.
- Protection of human right
- Educate the people about the government policies
- Establishment of international trade and cooperation
- Intervene in disputes between the citizens and government through the court of law.
- They provide easy communication for the citizens.
- They venture on project that will bring rapid development.
- They give reports and are accountable on how resources are used.
- They should be open to the citizen and have no hidden agenda.
- The government policy should benefit its citizens.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (SOLUTION TO PROBLEMS OF ETHNICITY)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand Constituted Authority.
- She/he explains the duties of citizen to constituted authorities.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the duties of citizen to constituted authorities.
- What is the Meaning of constituted authority?
- Mention three Duties of citizen to constituted authority
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: SOLUTION TO PROBLEMS OF ETHNICITY
NEXT LESSON: RESPONSIBILITIES OF CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY