TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
SUBJECT: CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
THEME: Arts and Crafts
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 11 – 12
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: Local Architecture design
- Forms of local Architecture Design.
- Basic consideration in local Architecture definition.
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Describe the nature of Nigerian Architectural designs;
- List the tools/materials used for building traditional houses in Nigeria.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
Entry Behaviour/ Previous Knowledge: the students are familiar with Creating Music Sol-fa Notation Value.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Cultural and Creative Arts (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Cultural and Creative Arts for Primary Schools.
WORD FILE: European, bamboo, architectural.
Before the pre-colonial rule, our forefathers have been building houses to meet their social, cultural and religious needs. Some buildings in Nigeria today make use of modern European Architecture and imported materials. Local houses are mostly found in the rural areas.
Forms of local Architectural design
Local houses are built from clay or mud and cover with palm leaves and a small window is carved out and a door. These forms of houses are called mud houses. Some local houses were constructed with wood or bamboo and palm leaves as the roof. These are mostly found in riverine areas. Most local houses were built in the form of extended family to promote family unity.
Tools and materials for local Architectural designs
The following are some materials used to build local architectural design.
The following are some tools used to build local architectural design.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (Carving).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: Local Architecture design
- He/she explains the meaning of Local Architecture design.
- He/she state the forms of Local Architecture design.
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the tools and material needed for building local houses..
- The pupils copy and submit their note for marking.
- Make a sketch of your house.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- What is architecture design?
- State two types of local houses.
- List three local materials for building local houses.
- List three local tools for building local houses.
Conclusion: Teacher summarizes the lesson, gives pupils note to copy, marks and makes corrections where necessary.
PREVIOUS LESSON: Weaving.
NEXT LESSON: Modeling