SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 6
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: CARING FOR COMPUTERS USERS
- Sitting Position/posture
- Using the anti-glare Protector
- Maintaining dusk
- Free environment
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to know:
- Caring for computer user
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Computer System
- Anti-glare Protector
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC) Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Computer studies Scheme of work
- Online Materials.
- Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
CARING FOR COMPUTER USERS
Computer users should take care of themselves by taking the following precautions
- Always make use of anti- glare protector to protect the eyes
- The computer screen resolution(light) should be reduce when there is need for it
- Avoid dust and moisture
- Regular break should be taken in other to relax the eye muscles and refresh the body muscles
- Adjust the height of the monitor, so that the top of the monitor is at eye level
- Keyboard and mouse should be located and arranged in order to allow the operator lay forearms on the work surface.
- Adjust the position of the chair close to the computer screen and desk
- If the table is fixed, position the chair close to the table and adjust the height of the chair
- Adjust the height of desk if possible in order for the fore arms to be parallel with the work surface.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
- Mention three ways of caring for a computer users.