SUBJECT: AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4 and Week 6
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: DESCRIPTION of FARM TOOLS
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Describe different farm Tools
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ Chalkboard
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools.
- Online Materials.
- Lagos State Agricultural Science Scheme of Work
- Agricultural Science for Primary Schools.
DESCRIPTION of FARM TOOLS
- Cutlass: it is a short wooden handle and flat blade
- Axe: it has a short heavy metal head with sharp edge and a long wooden or metal handle.
- Garden Fork: it has a four-pronged metal forks with a short wooden handle.
- Seed Trays: it has a shallow rectangular containers made of wood or metal.
- Drinking trough: it is a container made of plastic or metal.
- WATERING CAN: It is made up of galvanized iron to prevent rusting. Some are also made of very synthetic rubber.
- HOE: it have metal blades with a wooden or metal blades
- SPADE: it is made up of a long rectangular flat blade which is attached to a fairly long cylindrical handle that widens at the posterior end to form a triangular block with a D-shaped whole for hand when used.
- SHEARS: It is an
enlarged pair of scissors with two long blades, connected at a point by a bolt
and a nut of which the blades are sharpened at one edge not the two sides in
other not to injure the user.
The handle of the shears may be made of wood, metal, plastic or rubber. It is usually handled with both hands.
DESCRIPTION OF ANIMAL TOOLS
- Feeding trough: it is also a container made of plastic or metal.
- Fishing Net: it is a woven ropes: there are scoop net, gills net and cast net.
- Battery Cage: it is made of metal with several partitions with feeding and drinking troughs attached to it.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the present day lesson.
- The Teacher explain in details the present day lessons.
- Describe three farm Tools
- Describe three Animal Tools
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.