Senior Secondary School Syllabus First Term SS2- Edudelight.com
First Term ss2 Civic Education Syllabus Lagos State
WEEK 1 CITIZENSHIP
- Meaning and definition of citizenship education
- Duties and obligation of citizens
• Preservation of tradition, custom and culture
WEEK 2 DEMOCRACY AND NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Meaning of capitalist democracy
- The features of capitalist democracy • Competition for power
1. National Consciousness, integrity and unity.
WEEK 3 DEMOCRACY AND NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Capitalist democracy
WEEK 4 IMPORTANCE OF EMPLOYMENT IN PROVERTY ALEVATION
- Factors that guarantee employment
WEEK 5 FIRST CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT TEST
WEEK 6 MID TERM BREAK
WEEK 7 POLITICAL APATHY
- Reasons for political apathy
- Why leaders fail to protect the interest of their followers?
WEEK 8 – 10. WHY LEADERS FAIL TO PROTECT THE INTEREST OF THEIR FOLLOWERS?
WEEK 11 – 12.REVISION & EXAMINATION
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR CIVIC EDUCATION SS 2 – MODIFIED I
1. Citizenship Education.
2. Duties and Obligations of Citizens.
3. Promotion of Our Traditions and Customs.
4. National Consciousness, Integrity and Unity.
5. Capitalist Democracy.
6. Political Party.
7. Poverty and Its Effects.
8. Political Apathy.
9. Why Leaders Fail to Protect the Interest of Their Followers.
10. Revision and Examination.
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR CIVIC EDUCATION SS 2 – MODIFIED II
REVISION OF SS1 WORK
- Definition of citizenship education
- Importance of citizenship education
- Duties and obligations of citizens to their communities
- Consequences of not performing our duties
TRADITIONS AND BELIEFS
- Definitions of traditions and beliefs
- Types of traditions and beliefs
- Skills necessary for preservation of our traditions and beliefs
NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS, INTEGRITY AND UNITY
- Definitions of (a) National consciousness (b) National integrity (c) National unity
- How to promote (a) National consciousness (b) National integrity (c) National unity
CAPITALIST DEMOCRACY AND NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Definition of capitalist democracy
- Characteristics of capitalist democracy
- Democracy and its contribution to National development
- Definition of political parties
How they compete for power through elections (a) Campaign (b) Manifesto (c) Seminars
EMPLOYMENT AND ALLEVIATION OF POVERTY
- Definition of (a) Employment (b) Alleviation of poverty
- How does employment alleviates poverty/ importance of employment in alleviating poverty
- Factors promoting guaranteed employment
- Causes of poverty
- Consequences of poverty
PROJECT WORK: VISITING NAPEP, NDE ETCWhat promotes guaranteed employment (a) free education (b) medical career (c) responsible governance (d) popular participation
- Types – refusal to register, refusal to vote, refusal to protest, refusal to identify with political parties
- Reasons for political apathy bad governance (b) unfulfilled political promises (c) rigging (d) thuggery (e) poverty (f) ignorance
WHY LEADERS FAIL TO PROTECT THE INTEREST OF FOLLOWERS
- (a) selfishness (b) party interest (c) tribalism
- Effects of failures to protects followers
WEEK 12 – 13