TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
SUBJECT: AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
THEME: BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 11
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: IMPORTANCE OF EACH FACTOR OF PRODUCTION
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to know about:
- Importance of each factors of production.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ Chalkboard
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE: the students are familiar with.
- WORD FILE:
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools four Agricultural Science (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Lagos State Agricultural Science Scheme of Work
- Edudelight Agricultural Science for Primary Schools.
Factors of Production
The things farmer’s needs to grow crops and animals are called factors of production.
The following are the factors of production
- Land: Farmers needs land for him/she to grow crops or rear animals.
- Labour: a famer still need manual labourer on his/her farm because he can’t do all things by himself. Human labours is needed in the following areas such as: Removal of weeds, spraying of weed killer on the weeds, harvesting of crops, fish production, rearing animals.
- Water: farmers should always know if there is availability of water in the area where their farm is located because plant and animals needs water on a daily bases for easy growth of plants.
- Money: money helps the farmer to buy materials or farm tools, machine that will foster the growths and effective work in his farm.
- Management: Farmers need to get a good manager to run a smooth operation in the farm to ensure the farm is bringing good profit. Management includes the following like taking of decision, supervision and coordination of all activities in the farm.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (PREPARATION OF COMPOST/MANURE).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (IMPORTANCE OF EACH FACTOR OF PRODUCTION).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion.
- What are factors of production?
- List the factors of production.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: PREPARATION OF COMPOST/MANURE
NEXT LESSON: SIMPLE FARM TOOLS