SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 6
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
- Meaning of Information
- Types of Information
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to know:
- Meaning of information
- Types of information: Oral, Written, Electronic
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC) Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Computer studies Scheme of work
- Online Materials.
- Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
Information is a processed fact. That is, information gives meaning to the person reading or hearing it.
Examples of Information are
Name, 65%, $100, 000
Types of Information
The following are types of information
- Oral Information
- Written Information
- Electronic Information
Oral Information is communicated through the word of mouth.
- Classroom teaching
- Face-to-face conversations
- Telephone conversations
- Class Discussions
- Graduation day speech
Written information is communicated by writing on paper.
Examples of Written information
- Names of people in Primary four
- A written letter to your friend
- Manual attendance register record
Electronic information is communicated through the internet with computer or mobile phone.
Example of electronic Information are:
SOURCES OF INFORMATION
Some of the sources of information are as follows:
- Notice Board
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
- What is information?
- Mention three types of information with example