Secondary School Curriculum in Nigeria Chemistry- Edudelight.com
NERDC Curriculum Chemistry SS1
Chemistry Curriculum Lagos State for SS1 Second Term
- Knetic theory of matter
- Gas laws
- Boyle’s law
- Charles law
- Combined gas law
- Gay Lussa’s law
- Avogadro’s law
- Septanut on techniques
- Acids, basis and salt
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR CHEMISTRY SS 1 – MODIFIED I
- Revision/Introduction to the mole concept: Molar volume of gases, Avogadro’s number, Percentage of element in a compound.
Writing and Balancing Chemical Equations.
2-3. Stoichiometry of Reactions: Calculation of Masses of Reactants and Products,
Calculation of Volume of Reacting Gases.
Empirical and Molecular formulae.
4-5. Chemical Laws and their Verification: Law of Conservation of Mass, Law of Constant Composition, Law of Multiple Proportion.
6-7. Chemical Combinations: Electrovalent Bond: Properties of Electrovalent
Compounds, Covalent Bond: Properties of Covalent Compounds. Other Types of Bonding
8-9. TheKinetic theoryof Matter and the Gas Laws: Boyle’s Law, Charles’ Law, Ideal Gas Equation, Dalton’s Law of Partial Pressure.
10. Avogadro’s law, Gay-Lussac’s Law of Combining Volumes, Graham’s Law of Diffusion.
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR CHEMISTRY SS 1 – MODIFIED II
Scheme Of Work For Second Term Ss1 Chemistry.
- Revision Of First Term /Introduction To Mole Concept.
- Calculations In Terms Of Avogadro’s Constant,Empirical Formula And Molecular Formula
- Writing And Balancing Of Chemical Equations.
4&5 State, Illustrations And Verification Of Chemical Laws.
6. Chemical Combinations Or Bonding.
7. The Kinetic Theory Of Matter.
8. Gas Laws And Calculations.
9. Gay-Lussac’s Law
10. Air & Flame.
11 – 12. Revision and Examination