Secondary School Curriculum in Nigeria Chemistry- Edudelight.com
NERDC Curriculum Chemistry SS3
Chemistry Curriculum Lagos State for SS3 Second Term
WEEK 1 Revision of Non-metals and their compounds
WEEK 2 Revision of Organic Chemistry I
WEEK 3 Revision of Organic Chemistry 2
WEEK 4 Revision of Periodic table
WEEK 5 Revision of Mass-volume Relationship
WEEK 6 Acid-Base Titration Calculations
WEEK 7 Salt analysis (qualitative analysis)
WEEK 8 – 12 Revision and Examination
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR CHEMISTRY SS 3 – MODIFIED I
- Revision/Nuclear Chemistry, Types and Nature of Radiations, Half-life as a Measure of the Stability of the nucleus.
2. Nuclear Reactions i.e Nuclear Fussion and Nuclear Fission with examples, Effect and applications of Radioactivity Comparison of Nuclear Reaction and Ordinary chemical reaction.
3. Simple molecules and their shapes, covalent molecules e.g methane, ammonia,crystalline solids – their network structure e.g diamond.
4. Metallic bonding – properties, factors affecting the formation of metals, intermolecular bonding Van-der-waals forces and hydrogen bonds, comparison of all bond styles.
5-6. Metals and their compound, extraction of metals (e.g aluminium, copper, tin and iron) their properties and their reaction, their uses, alloys, composition and uses.
7. Introduction to qualitative analysis, test for cation using H2S, NaOH and HN4OH, confirmatory test for the cations
8. Test for amono, identification or gases. E.g CO2,SO2 and O2. Characteristics test for anions e,g SO42-, SO32-, CO32-, NO3.
9-10. Volumetric Analysis, calculation based on percentage purity and impurity of substances, percentage amount of the acid, or base, solubility of substances, volume of gases, mole ration of acid to base.