TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
SUBJECT: PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
TERM: SECOND TERM
THEME: BASIC MOVEMENT
WEEK: WEEK 8
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: BENEFITS OF HAVING GOOD FRIENDS- MENTAL AND SOCIAL HEALTH
- Social interaction
At the end of this discussion in this unit, children should be able to:
- Know what we benefit from having good friends.
- Know what we benefit from social interaction.
- Know what we benefit from interdependence.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum (UBE)
- Unified Schemes of Work for Lagos State Primary Schools (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Physical and Health Education.
- Online Materials.
- Edudelight Physical and Health Education for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with One Self.
WORD FILE: excessive, traumas, influence, Interdependence.
According to this, proverb it say “show me your friend and I will tell you who you are”.
Choosing your friends is very important to human, because our friend will either influence us negatively or positively.
BENEFIT OF HAVING A GOOD FRIENDS
- Your academic performance will improve.
- You will also know the truth
- You will have good character.
- Your problems will be solved by yielding to good advice from your friends.
- You will enjoy good things of life like sports, parties, birthdays and jokes.
- You will worry less.
- You will be healthy mentally
- It will boost your happiness
- You will be able to cope with traumas such as sickness, death of loved ones.
- He or she will encourage you to change and avoid unhealthy life styles like excessive drinking, smoking, drug abuse.
- It will not allow you to engage in any criminal activities like stealing and cheating.
Social interaction is an exchange between two or more individual. Social group is the product of social interaction. Just like there is interaction among animals like birds, we human we also like to interact with each other because we are social being.
FORMS OF SOCIAL INTERACTION
- Between individual and individual. That is a doctor and patient, mother and child.
- Between individual and group: like Teacher and student.
- Between compound groups like two team playing a match.
- Between individuals and culture. I.e. people listening to radio, watching television, observing exhibitions.
BENEFIT FOM SOCIAL INTERACTION
- Our voice will be heard.
- People will be able to fulfill our basic needs when we lack some. Like food, shelter.
- It make us more knowledgeable.
- It make one feel loved and live longer and health life.
- It create an avenue for fun.
- It make us feel acceptable.
- It improve our brain function.
- It kills fear from us.
- It makes us interact well with other people.
- It brings out our social traits in us.
- It reduces suicide, mental illness.
- It solves our emotional problems
- It helps us to develop our purpose in life.
Interdependence is the condition of a group of people or things that all depend on each other.
- Marriage create a state of interdependence between husband and wife.
- Plant and animals needs each other.
- A country depends on another country for something and that country may depend on another country like importing and exporting of goods and services.
BENEFITS FROM INTERDEPENDENCE
- It create less fear.
- We share relationship together.
- It brings about meaningful association.
- It build trust.
- It encourage commitments between people and friends.
- It helps us to tolerate one another
- It gives room for open communication
- It helps us to understand and treat people very well.
- It leads to meaningful personal and professional relationship.
- It helps in the production of effective and efficient services.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (ONE SELF).
- The Teacher introduces the topic (BENEFITS OF HAVING GOOD FRIENDS).
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Learners participate in the class discussion
Teacher ask the learners to:
- Benefits from having good friends.
- Benefits from social interaction.
- Benefits from interdependence
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.