SUBJECT: SECURITY EDUCATION
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 11
CLASS: PRIMARY 3
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: ENLIGHTENMENT ON GOOD FAMILY LIFE
At the end of this topic, Pupils should be able to:
- Define family
- Explain family life
TEACHING AND LEARNING AIDS
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Informative poster
- Informative videos clips
- Law bills
- Class Discussion
- Questions and Answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Board Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Lagos State Scheme of Work for Social studies
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies Text Books for Primary Schools
A family is a group of individuals related by blood, marriage or adoption.
Life is the period between birth and death.
A good family life always means love, respect, togetherness, passion, help, caring etc.
The Teacher revises the previous lesson (contentment as an instrument of avoiding criminal behaviour).
- The Teacher introduces the lesson through question and answer.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- The Teacher write the note on the board.
Learners participate in the class discussion
- What is family
- Life is the period between ———— and —————
- A good family life means————————- , ————- and ———-
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson and answer questions.