Senior Secondary School Scheme of work for Financial Accounting – Edudelight.com
NERDC Scheme of work Financial Accounting SS1
Lagos State Financial Accounting Scheme of work SS1 Third Term
Week 1: The Bank Account and its operations
Week 2: Bank Reconciliation Statement
Week 3 – 4: Bank Reconciliation Statement
Week 5 – 8: Final Accounts of a Sole Trader
Week 9 : The Balance Sheet
Week 10: Opening Entries and Recording of Subsequent Financial Transactions
Week 11: Revision
Week 12: Examination
Financial Accounting Scheme of work SS1 Third Term – Modified
1. Revision of last term’s work
2. Preparation of bank reconciliation with credit balances
3. Preparation of bank reconciliation when there is bank overdraft i.e debit balance
4. End of year adjustments in profit and loss account –Accruals and Prepayment
5. Provision for bad debts .Provision for discount allowed and received
6. Bad debt recovered, work exercise
7. Depreciation of fixed assets –meaning, reasons, methods of provision for depreciation, elements, terminologies. Amortization and depletion
8. Straight line and reducing balance methods. Depreciation schedule, advantages and disadvantages
Of each method-ledger
9. Treatment of Depreciation in profit and loss and balance sheet.
10. Preparation of final Accounts with end of year adjustment.
11&12 revision and exam.