Senior Secondary School Scheme of work Food and Nutrition- Edudelight.com
NERDC Curriculum Food and Nutrition SS3
SS3 First Term Food and Nutrition Scheme of work Lagos State
Week 1 . Revision/ art of entertainment
- Being a good host/ hostess
- Being a good guest
- Table setting: formal and informal table setting
Week 2. Types of party: house warming, naming, birthday etc
- Food for special occasions e.g. cocktail, buffet, luncheon etc.
Week 3. Food service e.g. table service, family service, foreign service, buffet service etc.
Week 4. Practicals on food for special occasion and food services.
Week 5. Cultural food habit
- .Meaning of food habits and taboos
Week 6. Traditional dishes from different localities e.g. Yoruba, Hausa, and Igbo etc.
Week 7. Practicals on traditional dishes.
Week 8. Foreign dishes e.g. Indian, European etc.
Week 9. Practicals on foreign dishes.
Week 10. Rechauffe (left over foods)- meaning, uses
- Reheating of left over foods.
- Identify storage facilities for left over foods
Week 11. Revision
Week 12. Examination