SUBJECT: BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 5
THEME: YOU AND TECHNOLOGY
CLASS: PRIMARY 6
TIME: 40 MINUTES
- Meaning of Force
- Example of force
- Types of force
- Effect of force
At the end of this Topic, Student should be able to:
- Explain force
- Give examples of force
- Demonstrate the effect of force on objects.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answer
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Basic Science and Technology for Primary Schools.
Force is any action that moves on an object.
TYPES OF FORCE
- Contact force: it occurs between two object that are in contact with each other like push, pull.
- Field force: this happens between two object that are not in contacts. Like electric force, gravitational force, magnetic force.
USES OF FORCE
- Pulling a heavy box
- Pushing a barrel on an inclined plane
- A ball falling from a height
- Magnet attracting iron
Effect of force is the change in position or shape of an object.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- What is force?
- List the two type of force
- What happens when you kick a football?
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.