SUBJECT: AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 10
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: EFFECTS OF DIRTY ENVIRONMENT AND STARVATION ON THE POOR GROWTHS OF YOUNG ANIMALS
- Effect of dirty environment on young animals
- Effect of starvation on young animals
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to know the:
- Effects of lack of care on the growing animals
- care for young animals in the school
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Whiteboard/ Chalkboard
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- The teacher will take the students to the school farm
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools.
- Online Materials.
- Lagos State Agricultural Science Scheme of Work
- Agricultural Science for Primary Schools.
EFFECTS OF LACK OF CARE ON THE GROWING ANIMALS
Failure to take necessary steps or procedures in taking care of the young growing animals could lead to the following effects:
- Body part disorder
- Leads to sheep scab in sheep’s
- Broiler Leg disorders in Broilers
- Metabolic diseases
- Unstable health condition
- Lack of growths
- Lack of Feeling
- Reduction in Production performance
- To death.
CARE FOR YOUNG ANIMALS IN THE SCHOOL
Young animals can be taking care of by:
- Always feeding them at the right time
- Cleaning their house and surrounding to prevent infection
- Providing good bedding for the young animal.
- Providing adequate clean water
- Treat diseases quickly
- Treat injury with caution.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Mention three Effects of dirty environment on growing animals
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.