Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) – This is to inform the general public that online application for admission into the 71st Regular Course of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna will be available from 22nd October, 2018 to 14th March, 2019. Admission into NDA is open to both Male and Female Nigerians.
Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Application for Admission for the 70th Regular Course
Screening Test Date and Requirements
- The screening test will be conducted as phase one of the Post-UTME screening and is scheduled to hold on “Saturday 13th April, 2019”
- Therefore, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Screening Test Admission Card, JAMB result slip and TWO (2) postcard sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Screening Test Centre.
- The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, JAMB Reg No, State, Screening Test Centre, Course of study and Signature at the back.
- Only successful candidates at the NDA Screening Test will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board (phase 2 of the screening test) following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
Requirements for Admission into Academic Departments of the Nigerian Defence Academy
Candidates eligible for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) must have the following:
- Passed the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) and attained an acceptable minimum national standard (as determined by JAMB annual policy meeting) in English language,Mathematics and any other two subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as set out by the JAMB brochure.
- The course applied for on JAMB and NDA portal must be the same.
- The choice of UTME subjects combination must be relevant to the course applied for in NDA.
- Minimum of Five O level credits at GCE,SSCE (WAEC,NECO and NABTEB) in English language, Mathematics and three other subjects which are relevant to the intended programme at not more than two sittings.
- Candidate be up to 17 years but not less than 21 years by 1August 2019.
- Note: Candidates who desire to join the Nigerian Air Force must be between 17 and 19 years old at entry.
- The Nigerian Air Force has suspended the enlistment of female candidates in her Regular Combatant programme in NDA.
- Must not be less than 1.68 meters tall for maleand 1.65meters for female.
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Must have a BMI of between 18.5 – 25.5 kg/m2 to be considered for selection.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of indigeneship from the State Government or Local Government Area.
- Working knowledge of French, Arabic or Mandarin language is an added advantage.
Candidates are to note the following:
- Application forms submitted without O levelresults will not be accepted.
- Candidates awaiting results are not qualified.
- Only O level examination results of not more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
- Admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only, but Nigerian Air force does not accept femalecandidates for now.
The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website/Application portal or the link below. All other information concerning degree cources, eligibility and screening test centres are as contained in the NDA website application portal