Secondary School Curriculum in Nigeria Chemistry- Edudelight.com
NERDC Curriculum Chemistry SS2
Chemistry Curriculum Lagos State for SS2 Second Term
WEEK 1 Chemical Equilibrium
WEEK 2 Hydrogen Gas
WEEK 3 Oxygen Gas
WEEK 4 & 5 Chlorine and its Compounds
WEEK 6 & 7 Nitrogen and its Compounds
WEEK 8 & 9 Sulphur and its Compounds
WEEK 10 – 12 Revision and Examination
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR CHEMISTRY SS 2 – MODIFIED I
- Rate Of A Chemical Reaction
- Types Of Chemical Reaction
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Oxygen And Its Compounds
- The Halogens
- Nitrogen And Its Properties
- Compounds Of Nitrogen
- Sulphur And Its Properties
- Compounds Of Sulphur
11 – 12. Revision and Examination
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR CHEMISTRY SS 2 – MODIFIED II
Week 1 : Rates of Chemical Reaction
- Meaning of Rate of Chemical Reaction.
- Rate Curve.
- The Collision Theory.
- Factors Affecting Rate of Chemical Reactions.
Week 2: Exothermic and Endothermic Reactions
- Heat Content (Enthalpy) of a Substance.
- Thermodynamics: First and Second Laws.
- Entropy and Free Energy.
Week 3: Chemical Equilibrium
- Reversible Reactions
- Le Chatelier’s Principle.
- Factors Affecting Chemical Equilibrium.
- Equilibrium Constant.
Week 4: Oxygen and its Compounds
- General Properties of Oxygen Family.
- Electronic Structure and Bonding in Oxygen.
- Preparation, Properties and Uses of Oxygen.
- Oxides: Classification.
Week 5: Chlorine and other Halogens
- Electronic Configuration of Halogens
- Physical and Chemical Properties of Halogens.
- Laboratory and Industrial Preparation of Chlorine.
- Compound of Chlorine: Hydrogen Chloride.
- Test for Chlorides.
Week 6: Nitrogen
- General Properties of Nitrogen Family.
- Laboratory Preparation and Industrial Preparation of Nitrogen.
- Properties and Uses of Nitrogen.
- Nitrogen Cycle.
Week 7: Compounds of Nitrogen
- Oxides of Nitrogen
- Ammonia: Preparation, Properties and Uses.
- Trioxonitrate (V) acid: Preparation, Properties and Uses.
Week 8: Sulphur
- General Properties of Sulphur Group.
- Electronic Structure of Members of Sulphur Group.
- Allotropes of Sulphur.
- Uses of Sulphur.
Week 9: Compounds of Sulphur
- H2S, SO2 and SO3: Preparation, Properties and Uses
- Tetraoxosulphate (VI) acid: Industrial Preparation (Contact Process).
Week 10 – 12: Revision and Examination