Junior Secondary School Curriculum Music – Edudelight.com
NERDC Curriculum MusicJSS1
JSS1 Second Term Music Curriculum Lagos State
WEEK 1 – Revision /Practical
Week 2 – Musical notes, time value and Rest
Week 3 – Music writing (Rules and stem)
Week 4 – Ledger lines below and above the staff
Week 5 – Bar, bar line and double bar line
Week 6 – Accidental signs
Week 7 – Piano or keyboard (tones and semitones)
Week 8 – Construction of major scale, C and G major
Week 9 – Life and work of G.F Handel and Ayo Bankole
Week 10 – European/Western musical instrument
Week 11 – Revision/Examination
JSS1 Second Term Music Scheme of Work
- Revision of 1st Term work/ Dance patterns: Definition of Dance patterns.
- Poem: Writing of Text, Writing simple Tunes, Singing in Groups.
- Rhythm: Definition and Development of Rhythm.
- Folk songs: Description of folk music songs. Western Fork songs. Nigerian folk songs, singing of folk songs.
- Recorder Music: Description 0f the Recorder, The Recorder family, Holding the Recorder.
- Playing the recorder: Fingering the Recorder, playing the Recorder, Fingering for the right hand.
- Musical Alphabets: Musical Alphabets_ A, B, C, D, E, F, G.
- Clef: Definition of Clef, kinds of Clef. G Clef or Treble Clef, F Clef or Bass clef.
- Staff: Definition of Staff, Letter names of Lines and spaces [Treble Staff] and[ Bass Staff].
- Great Staff: Description of Great staff or stave. Letter names of lines and spaces. Great stave and the key board.