Junior Secondary School Curriculum Music – Edudelight.com
NERDC Curriculum Music JSS3
JSS3 Second Term Music Curriculum Lagos State
WEEK ONE – REVISION
WEEK TWO – Singing pattern (solo, duet, trio and quartet)
WEEK THREE – minor scale with key signature D, E, and G minor
WEEK FOUR – Relative minor keys with four sharps and four flats
WEEK FIVE – Adding short melody to a given words
WEEK SIX – Nigerian highlife musicians
WEEK SEVEN – Cadences – perfect, imperfect etc
WEEK EIGHT – inversion of triads
WEEK NINE – Transposition
WEEK TEN – Revision and Examination
JSS3 Second Term Music Curriculum
- Revision of last term’s work.
- Voice Classifications: The human voice (Range & Compass of Voice).
- Types of Choirs: Children’s Choirs, Female Choirs, Male Choirs, mixed Choirs.
- Triads and Chords (Primary & Secondary): Meaning of “Triad” and “Chord”, Building of Triads, Triads built on the Degrees of C Major, Secondary Triads.
- Triads of Major and Minor keys, Inversion of Triads: Triads of Major keys, Triads of minor keys, Inversion of Triads.
- Transcription: Meaning, Transcription-Staff to Sol-fa Notation.
- Clef Transposition-(1) Transposing a melody an Octave Higher (2) Transposing a melody an Octave Lower.
- History of Music: Some Nigerian Art Musicians (Laz Ekwueme, Ayo Bankole, Felix Nwuba, Fela Sowande, Vera Okonkwo, Akin Euba etc.
- Modulation: Meaning & Types, Modulation to Related keys, Modulation to the Dominant.
- Cadences: Definition of a Cadence, Kinds of Cadences.